Share this post!
I've been in sort of a reading lull lately. I wouldn't exactly call it a slump. It's more like I can't be bothered to read right now. Which annoys the ever living crap out of me. These days, I seem to get the most reading done during my lunch hour. My grand total for the month of January is eleven books.
1. Street Game by Christine Feehan (2.75/5)
2. Master of Fire by Angela Knight (3.75/5)
3. Shades of Midnight by Lara Adrian (3.25/5)
4. Original Sin by Allison Brennan (4.25/5)
5. Sleep No More by Susan Crandall (2.75/5)
6. Stolen Seduction by Elisabeth Naughton (4/5)
7. Dying Scream by Mary Burton (3.5/5)
8. Coming Undone by Lauren Dane
9. Too Hot To Hold by Stephanie Tyler
10. Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione
11. Hold On Tight by Stephanie Tyler
The book that I'm giving away is Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione.
I didn't start off this year with the same enthusiasm that I started off last year and I hope that's not an indication of how my reading will turn out this year. I didn't read as many books as I had hoped I would but I still think I did ...okay.
Here's my list:
1. Betrayed by P.C. and Kristin Cast (4.5 out of 5).
2. Chosen by P.C. and Kristin Cast (4.5 out of 5).
3. Untamed by P.C. and Kristin Cast (4 out of 5).
4. The Elusive Bride by Stephanie Laurens (3.75 out of 5).
5. At the Duke's Pleasure by Tracy Anne Warren (4 out of 5).
6. The Bargain Bride by Barbara Metzger (1.5 out of 5).
7. Hunted by P.C. and Kristin Cast (3.75 out of 5).
8. The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning (4.75 out of 5).
9. Lessons from a Scarlet Lady by Emma Wildes (4.75 out of 5).
10. Wrapped in Seduction by Lisa Renee Jones, Cathryn Fox and Jodi Lynn Copeland.
11. Paradise Rules by Beth Kery.
12. Bound by Your Touch by Meredith Duran (4.25 out of 5).
The book that I'm going to give away this month is: Lessons from a Scarlet Lady by Emma Wildes. I really enjoyed that book and hope that others will enjoy it as well!
My reading this month wasn't too bad. I've decided to stop castigating myself when I don't read a high number of books. I read 15 books and I figure that's pretty darn good. That averages out to be about a book every other day.
The Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning (re-read) 4/5
Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah Maclean 4.5/5
Silent Scream by Karen Rose 4.25/5
One Dance with the Cowboy by Donna Alward 3.75/5
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare 2.5/5
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare 2/5
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare 2/5
Her Secret Fling by Sarah Mayberry 4.25/5
Coming Undone by Lauren Dane 4.5/5
Wicked Enchantment by Anya Bast 4/5
Laid Bare by Lauren Dane 4.25/5
Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh 4.25/5
Slow Heat by Jill Shalvis 4.5/5
Taking Chase by Lauren Dane (re-read) 3.75/5
Crux by Moira Rogers (re-read) 4/5
I read some pretty good books last month. I think my favorite reads of the month were Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah Maclean and Coming Undone by Lauren Dane, with honorable mentions to Slow Heat by Jill Shalvis and Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh. My worst reads of the month were the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare. I plan to review them at some point but meh...not good.
This month I'm going to giveaway two books: Slow Heat and Coming Undone.
This month we're giving away:
Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione
Lessons from a Scarlet Lady by Emma Wildes
Coming Undone by Lauren Dane
Slow Heat by Jill Shalvis
If you want to be entered to win, leave a comment on this post telling us what your favorite - and least favorite - reads of the month were. Also, be sure to tell us what book you're interested in reading. You can put your name in for more than one book, but you'll only be allowed to win one, so choose wisely.
So...what was your favorite read of the month? And your least favorite?
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Share this post!